Learning how to water plants to increase growth in pots, container or garden - especially how to water roots and tubers. Specialities: root growth or tuber growth of lawns, fuchsias, geraniums, dahlias and begonias.

21 May 2010

Not Sure I Should Have Cut It

I always cut the lawn a touch higher in hot weather, to give it a bit more strength. It was beginning to feel hard under foot last night (it is best to cut lawns in the evening as the sun is going down, to avoid water loss), but I cut it because it might have been too long after another 3 or 4 days.

And because I was in a hurry, I didn't raise the blades.

It looked all right this morning, but it would have been better left.

A sprinkler would be useful. I usually give it a really good drink to see it through a hot spell. But I am trying to avoid using one this year. Might be changing my mind soon, though.

No comments: