Learning how to water plants to increase growth in pots, container or garden - especially how to water roots and tubers. Specialities: root growth or tuber growth of lawns, fuchsias, geraniums, dahlias and begonias.

2 December 2010

Fuchsias Seem to be Thriving Now

 fuchsia cuttings now thrivingIt always seems to happen. I don't know why. But whenever I make a definitive statement, I seem to end up eating the words. It seems plants have personalities like we humans - they will do everything they can to resist being labelled and understood. These thriving fuchsia cuttings are a case in point. They appeared to be on their last legs a couple of weeks ago. Now they look as if they have been given a new lease of life.

I know I should be grateful. I am, really. But I wish I knew what's happened and why. I would like to report that we have now overcome the botrytis and shortening days, but reason says otherwise. Anyway, it's just as well they're surviving - with the sudden unexpected low temperatures, I might have lost quite a few of those in storage.

No comments: