Learning how to water plants to increase growth in pots, container or garden - especially how to water roots and tubers. Specialities: root growth or tuber growth of lawns, fuchsias, geraniums, dahlias and begonias.

13 November 2010

Crocus Bargains

crocus corm bargainsThese crocus corms seemed a real bargain: the store was clearing out old stock. You need to be careful about buying old bulbs and corms, but although these corms are growing, they are still quite firm and have no roots showing. This would indicate they are free from disease and simply aching to get growing properly.

I added them to the autumn arrangement; it's looking a bit sparse, since I didn't have any spare corms when I made it up. I just stuck my finger in the compost to make a hole then carefully pushed them in. They might be a little later flowering, but it is surprising how things in nature have a way of catching up - re this year's nearly normal summer after the harsh winter and cold spring.

No comments: