Learning how to water plants to increase growth in pots, container or garden - especially how to water roots and tubers. Specialities: root growth or tuber growth of lawns, fuchsias, geraniums, dahlias and begonias.

1 July 2010

Kill or Cure

Been considering it for ages: Should I feed lawn, or shouldn't I?

Rain decided it. Gave a full liquid feed today, in-between showers. At least it should get washed in, if nothing else.

Problems would arise if drought returned and dried out soil before feed had had time to strengthen grass leaves and roots. Odds on our side. Being a liquid, some will get in quickly through leaves (I know they call it 'turf') and get down to roots. Rest might take longer, but it still works quicker than granules.

Don't know if I've done right, or not. Anyhow, I've done it now. And I feel better.

Might even start cutting again soon. If only it would grow.

No comments: