Learning how to water plants to increase growth in pots, container or garden - especially how to water roots and tubers. Specialities: root growth or tuber growth of lawns, fuchsias, geraniums, dahlias and begonias.

29 July 2010

Keeping Them Blooming

Removing fading roses before they start setting seed will help keep them blooming (you should do this for most plants).

If you have several roses clustered on each stem (I do mean stem, not plant), cut off each rose as it fades. Once each cluster has finished flowering, remove its remaining branches by cutting below a good leaf bud lower down on the main stem. This will give stronger growth to the next flush. I know you really need a photo of flowers, not buds, but unfortunately I cut all my roses off before I thought about telling you this. Hope your imagination is better than mine.

No comments: